Fundraiser for Class of ’21 Safe Grad – March 8-May 17, 2021
Drawing on May 17, 2021
Support the graduating class! Tickets can be purchased in multiple ways:
- Online through TTYSB – https://py.pl/22zyBU
- In person at:
- Compass Rose–4 River St., Deep River
- The Wheatmarket–4 Water St., Chester
- Essex Hardware–3 Main St., Centerbrook
- Sasha Stanford will be selling tickets at VRHS
Click for more details and to register
Help this Winter
Some tips for approaching the cold, dark winter days ahead:
1. Be mindful. Slow everything down to the present moment and observe your thoughts. Your thoughts create your experience.
2. Breathe. Activate your body’s rest and relax response by filling your lungs with oxygen.
3. Move your body. Go for a brisk walk, play in the snow, stretch or do yoga. Gyms & studios may need to change schedules, so plan ways to exercise at home.
4. Take care of yourself. You can boost your immunity with nourishing food, vitamins, a good night’s sleep and by managing your stress. What nourishes you? A walk in the woods, curling up with a good book, music, exercise? Do all the things.
5. Unplug. Turn off the TV, get off the internet. Give your mind and senses a break. Model for your kids and get creative about how you spend downtime together on distance learning days.
6. Establish a rhythm. Kids feel safe and secure when there is a dependable rhythm and routine to their days. Take some time to plan for next week: meal times, simple chores, time for studying or reading, a fun activity, set time for electronics. Plan together and get your child’s input.
7. Communicate. Talk to kids and give them time to ask questions about what’s going on. If you’re working, be sure they know the schedule (who will be taking care of them, what time will you be home, etc.) And if you’re feeling overwhelmed, talk to someone. Phone a friend to problem-solve, reach out to others if you need help. It’s recommended to isolate, but we are not actually isolated. Our community will continue to have resources to help our neighbors (some are listed on sidebar).
Hang in there! You’ve got this…and your community is here to support you. Click on the links on the sidebar for the latest COVID facts and information, how to get tested at the Community Health Centers’ local drive-thru testing sites and the latest information about getting vaccinated.