When I’m In Charge
Tuesday, Jul 10, 2018
11:30am – 1:00pm
When I’m In Charge gives youth increased confidence and the ability to feel safe and in control when home alone, and teaches them to act safely, think responsibly and be independent decision makers. This American Red Cross program is ideal for children (ages 9 and up) who may sometimes be home alone this summer.
Participants will learn:
- to be more aware of the potential dangers they could face when left home alone
- responsibility for personal safety as well as the safety of younger siblings
- keeping your house key safe
- door safety
- dealing with fires and gas leaks
- phone and internet safety
- how to get help and other safety related topics
The 1-day Summer Course will be held on Tuesday, July 10 from 11:30-1:00 in the Deep River Public Library Community Room. Fee: $25.
Bring a snack (no peanuts or peanut butter, please).
Event LocationDeep River Public Library, 150 Main Street
Deep River, CT, 06417