Youth Mental Health First Aid Training
Friday, Jan 26, 2018
8:00am – 4:30pm
Someone you know could be experiencing a mental health crisis or challenge… YOU CAN HELP THEM!
Take the FREE course, save a life, strengthen your community
Learn how to recognize symptoms, and help someone in distress.
Youth Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches adults how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use disorders in adolescents. The training introduces common mental health challenges for youth, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in crisis and non-crises situations.
Topics covered include:
- Substance use
- Disorders where psychosis may occur
- Disruptive behavior disorder
- Eating disorder
You will learn to:
- Help someone through a panic attack or crisis
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Support a person experiencing psychosis
- Help an individual with addictions
Who should take Youth Mental Health First Aid?
- Anyone who regularly interacts with youth
- School Personnel, Coaches, Youth group leaders
- First responders
- Friends and family of adolescents with mental health challenges or addiction
Event LocationChester Town Hall, 203 Middlesex Turnpike
Chester, CT, 06412